"D" Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road - Renewal
Why do a Transport of Dangerous Goods course with TR Driver Training?
This course renews your knowledge and skills required to safely and legally transport Dangerous Goods by the road.
The aim of this course is to:
- To provide drivers with the facility to renew their 'D' endorsement for another 5 years.
We can complete training at one of our nationwide training facilities or at your own site.
- If your endorsement expired more than 12 months ago, you will need to complete a full initial D Endormsment assesment.
- Takes approximately 2 to 3 hours and covers theory only.
What happens when I pass the course?
- Take the certificate we give you to a licensing agency (e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ) and apply for a D Endorsement (Fees apply).
- YOU MUST present this within 60 days - otherwise you will have to pay for and re-sit the course again
IMPORTANT: You cannot drive with just the certificate - it is not a licence.
Dangerous Goods Licence - Renewal Pre-requisites
- Drivers must have a minimum of a NZ Class 1 (car) Learner Licence.
- For Renewals drivers must have a NZ licence and have previously had a “D” endorsement that has expired by no more than 12 months.
Course Fees – Scheduled courses at one of our nationwide branches
- Renewal - $255 + GST per person ($293.25 including GST).
- Minimum of a New Zealand Class 1 with a 'D' endorsement that has expired for no more than 12 months.
All trainees receive and work from our “Operators Handbook for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road” – a professionally produced comprehensive training resource with illustrations.