"D" Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road
Why do a Transport of Dangerous Goods course with TR Driver Training?
This course covers the knowledge and skills required to safely and legally transport Dangerous Goods by the road. Dangerous Goods Licence endorsements are valid for 5 years.
The aim of this course is to:
- To enable drivers to apply for a "D" driver licence endorsement on successful completion of the course requirements.
We can complete training at one of our nationwide training facilities or at your own site.
- Meets requirements of Unit Standard 16718 (Demonstrate and apply knowledge of law and practice for the transport of Dangerous Goods by road).
- Successful completion of the course enables you to apply for the 'D' Endorsement on your licence.
- Dangerous Goods “D” Licence endorsements are valid for 5 years and must be renewed within 60 months of expiry.
- Takes approximately 1 day and covers theory only – there is no practical.
What happens when I pass the course?
- Take the certificate we give you to a licensing agency (e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ) and apply for a D Endorsement (Fees apply).
- YOU MUST present this within 60 days - otherwise you will have to pay for and re-sit the course again
IMPORTANT: You cannot drive with just the certificate - it is not a licence.
Dangerous Goods Licence Pre-requisites
- Drivers must have a minimum of a NZ Class 1 (car) Learner Licence.
Course Fees – Scheduled courses at one of our nationwide branches
- Full course - $335 + GST per person ($385.25 including GST).
- Includes NZQA credit registration fees for Full course.
- Does not include Driver licence fees for “D” endorsement.
- Drivers must have a minimum of a NZ Class 1 (car) Learner Licence
- Course numbers are normally restricted to 8 trainees.
All trainees receive and work from our “Operators Handbook for the Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road” – a professionally produced comprehensive training resource with illustrations.