Forklift Operator Cert + F Endorsement
Why do Forklift Training with TR Driver Training?
TR Driver Training offers a number of dedicated forklift courses including the Unit Standard Full Course and the Forklift Refresher Course. These courses are designed to produce operators who can operate forklifts in a safe, efficient and legal manner.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
TR Driver Training Forklift courses aim to:
- Produce operators who can operate forklifts in a safe, efficient and legal manner.
- Ensure that through having their operators formally trained, the Employer complies with WorkSafe NZ Health and Safety (OSH) requirements for the workplace and NZ Transport Agency requirements.
- An “F” Driver Licence endorsement is required for any person who is required to drive a forklift on a road.
- The definition of a “road” includes a place where the public have access to, whether as of right or not.
- On achieving unit standard 18496 the operator receives a NZ Transport Agency Certificate which should be presented to a Driver Licensing Agency preferably within 60 days for endorsement of his/her licence (Fees apply).
Worksafe / Unit Standard - Full Course
Our standard “full” course covers:
- Unit Standard 10851 - Operate a powered industrial lift truck fitted with forks - (forklift).
- Unit Standard 18496 - Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving a forklift on a road for Drivers Licence Endorsement “F” (forklifts).
- Optional extra - Unit Standard 10852 - Operate a powered industrial lift truck fitted with attachments - contact us to discuss this option
The full course takes one day with approximately 4-5 hours being devoted to theory followed by practical training and assessment.
All trainees receive and work from our "Forklift Operator Training Handbook" - a comprehensive training resource complete with illustrations.
Course numbers are normally restricted to 6 trainees.
Our one-day course is designed for trainees who have had some prior experience in operating forklifts. If a trainee is an absolute novice and has never operated a forklift then a longer course would likely be necessary. (Additional training may incur additional costs)
"F" Driver Licence Endorsement
Whilst this course is normally included in the full forklift course it can be conducted on its own. It involves a “closed book” theory paper and a short practical assessment and can normally be completed in about 1 hour.
Either at TR Driver Training premises or at your site if numbers are sufficient and your venue is suitable.
F Endorsement Pre-requisites
You must hold a full New Zealand Class 1 (car) licence, please bring it with you on the day
Scheduled Course Fees at TR Driver Training premises
$280 plus GST ($322 including GST) per person.
On-Site Course Fees
If you would like pricing for us to provide training at your site please contact us.
What is included in the course fees?
NZQA credit registration fees.
What is excluded?
NZTA or licensing agency fees.