Forklift Operator Cert + F Endorsement
- Produce operators who can operate forklifts in a safe, efficient and legal manner.
- Ensure that through having their operators formally trained, the Employer complies with WorkSafe NZ Health and Safety (OSH) requirements for the workplace and NZ Transport Agency requirements.
- An “F” Driver Licence endorsement is required for any person who is required to drive a forklift on a road.
- The definition of a “road” includes a place where the public have access to, whether as of right or not.
- On achieving unit standard 18496 the operator receives a NZ Transport Agency Certificate which should be presented to a Driver Licensing Agency preferably within 60 days for endorsement of his/her licence (Fees apply).
Our standard “full” course covers:
- Unit Standard 10851 - Operate a powered industrial lift truck fitted with forks - (forklift).
- Unit Standard 18496 - Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving a forklift on a road for Drivers Licence Endorsement “F” (forklifts).
- Optional extra - Unit Standard 10852 - Operate a powered industrial lift truck fitted with attachments - contact us to discuss this option
The full course takes one day with approximately 4-5 hours being devoted to theory followed by practical training and assessment.
All trainees receive and work from our "Forklift Operator Training Handbook" - a comprehensive training resource complete with illustrations.
Course numbers are normally restricted to 6 trainees.
Our one-day course is designed for trainees who have had some prior experience in operating forklifts. If a trainee is an absolute novice and has never operated a forklift then a longer course would likely be necessary. (Additional training may incur additional costs)
Either at TR Driver Training premises or at your site if numbers are sufficient and your venue is suitable.
F Endorsement Pre-requisites
You must hold a full New Zealand Class 1 Full (car) licence, please bring it with you on the day
- $320 plus GST ($368 including GST) per person.
If you have a group of 5 or more we can run training at your site. Please contact us.
What is included in the course fees?
NZQA credit registration fees.
What is excluded?
NZTA or licensing agency fees.