Heavy Vehicle In-House Trainer Programme
Why do a Heavy Vehicle In-House Trainer Programme with TR Driver Training?
- You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
- To produce specialist in-house heavy vehicle driver trainers who are capable of training and assessing in a company environment.
- To develop selected staff to a level of competency which will enable them to:
- Perform pre-employment driver evaluations.
- Induct new staff.
- Identify the training needs of new driving staff.
- Conduct driver training to improve driver competency.
- Evaluate driver performance through regular assessment.
- Perform post incident driver evaluations.
- Act as a mentor to other drivers.
- One day class room based assessment techniques, plus
- 1/2 day per person practical in cab driving techniques (Client to supply vehicle).
Who should do this course
- This course is for senior drivers who are looking to conduct in-house training, be it for driving or company procedures, to meet the requirements for company Standard Operation Procedures
- Road transport knowledge test.
- Assessment process; what is being assessed? How do you assess? Assessment tools.
- Assessment evidence.
- Road transport legislation including chain of responsibility. Coverage of the work time rule, operational requirements, vehicle specs, load restraint can be covered as an optional extra.
- Driving techniques, engine and gear box management and vehicle control.
- The role of an in-house trainer.
- Assessment and report writing, record keeping.
- Practical report writing exercises.
- Practical driving assessments (1/2 day per person).
- Course Fee on application - Group rates are available.
- Vehicle hire and travel - if required - is additional.