Load Restraint - Load & Unload a Goods Service Vehicle
Why do a Load Restraint course with TR Driver Training?
A practical and theory-based course designed to provide drivers, operators or handlers the skills and knowledge to safely and legally deal with loads on goods service vehicles.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
To ensure that drivers, operators or loaders understand and can demonstrate knowledge and practical application relating to:
- The legal requirements of loading vehicles.
- Planning the loading of a goods service vehicle.
- Loading a vehicle.
- Restraining, securing and protecting a load.
- Unloading a vehicle.
Course Structure & Duration
Half a day, approximately 1-hour theory followed by practical exercises and assessment.
Courses can be structured to meet company specific needs.
Equipment Requirements – Preferably clients supply:
- A vehicle – this must be a heavy motor vehicle.
- Load restraint equipment / devices.
- We recommend that you supply the vehicles and load that is typical to your daily operation to get the most relevant experience from the training.
- A safe, practical training area.
- Training room (If the theory sessions are conducted on your site).
- TR Driver Training can supply the equipment at extra cost.
What unit standards are covered:
- Unit Standard 1753 - Load and Unload a General Freight Vehicle – Level 3 – 4 credits.
Minimum two to a maximum of six trainees.