Operator Training Programme for Walk Behinds
Why do Forklift Training with TR Driver Training?
To produce an operator who has a sound understanding of the operating principles of “walk behinds”, and who can demonstrate safe operating practices in a work environment.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
- To convey a sound understanding of the operating principles of “walk behinds”.
- To ensure that operators can demonstrate safe operating practices in a work environment.
As there is a practical element involving the workplace this course is best delivered at the workplace.
On satisfactory completion a certificate of course attendance is issued.
- Unit Standard 10851 - Operate a powered industrial lift truck fitted with forks – forklift.
The course addresses the following:
- Introduction to “walk behinds”.
- Braking system.
- Operator safety tips.
- Load rating.
- Operating the “walk behinds”.
- Calculating weights to be lifted.
- Pre-use inspection.
- Operating controls explained.
- Battery care.
Course Structure and Duration
If an operator has not done any forklift training and/or is not an authorised forklift operator with current forklift operator (OSH) certification – then he/she needs to do a full “walk behind” course which includes workplace safety theory – i.e.: similar to a forklift course but adapted for “walk behinds” – plus a practical assessment.
Duration: Approximately ¾ day (maximum 8 trainees).
If an operator is an authorised forklift operator with current forklift operator (OSH) certification and/or holds Unit Standard 10851 then they only need to receive instruction on “walk behinds” and complete a practical training/assessment.
Duration: Approximately 3 to 4 hours (maximum 8 trainees).