Prepare for, and Sling Regular Loads
Why do a Prepare for, and sling regular loads course with TR Driver Training?
- A theory and practical-based course designed to allow people looking to obtain their Truck Loader Crane qualification.
- This course is a pre-requisite unit for unit standard 16617 Use a truck loader crane to lift and place regular loads.
- This course is designed for those wanting the full classroom experience.
- No pre-course for trainees, our trainers will go through both theory and practical training all in one day.
To produce operators who can;
- Identify on site hazards and apply controls.
- Understand and deliver lift plans.
- Select lifting equipment and prepare loads for lifting.
- Demonstrate knot tying for tag lines.
Equipment Requirements - Clients to supply:
- Certified lift equipment (slings/ chain slings/ shackles).
- Cones, barriers to secure training area.
- 2 different types of loads.
- Training room adequate for the size of the course.
- TR Driver Training is able to source vehicles at extra cost if required.
Course Structure & Duration
- One full day, made up of 3 hrs of theory and up to 5 hrs of practical experience slinging and preparing loads
Unit Standard Covered
- Unit 30072 Prepare for and sling regular loads.
- Minimum of two with up to a maximum of four trainees to one instructor.