Road Safety and Driver Awareness Seminar
This course is designed to promote defensive driving techniques by raising the general awareness of drivers in the workplace. It’s generally delivered to groups from the same company or organisation.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
Generally delivered to groups from the same company or organisation.
- To raise awareness of defensive driving techniques with a view to increasing safety by reducing:
- Harm to people
- Damage to property
- Loss to process
- To provide a framework within which elements of the overall driving task can be examined and discussed.
Course Structure and Duration
- An in-class half-day seminar covering defensive driving techniques.
- Works best with groups – maximum of 12 to 15 but subject to training room size.
- Health and Safety in Employment - Motor vehicles in the workplace.
- Pre-start checks.
- Hazards and hazard recognition.
- Driving conditions.
- Hazard action plan.
- Searching techniques.
- The dangers of speed.
- Areas of conflict - e.g. relationship between road design and conflict in traffic patterns.
- The two vehicle crash.
- System of vehicle control.
A workbook is used throughout the programme which includes progress checks and exercises. This is retained by the participant at the completion of the seminar.
This course can be used to cover Unit Standard 3465 – “Describe driving hazards and risk reduction strategies and responses to driving hazards”. If training to the unit standard course numbers will need to be restricted to a maximum of 10. Additional course fees would also apply for unit standard registration etc.