Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving (SAFED NZ) Programme
Why do a Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving (SAFED NZ) programme with TR Driver Training?
A practical and theory-based course designed to provide truck, bus and coach drivers with the latest knowledge and skills to enhance their driving performance and improve safety.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors with significant SAFED NZ training experience.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue.
- Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving New Zealand (SAFED NZ) is a driver training development course for truck, bus and coach drivers. There are two separate courses; one for truck drivers and one for bus and coach drivers. The course helps reduce fuel and maintenance costs, reduce CO2 emissions and improve safety.
- A fuel efficient driving style is closely linked with improved road safety. Adopting simple fuel efficient driving techniques give drivers more time to identify hazards sooner and react to them.
- The one-day training programme begins with our instructor assessing trainees driving on a specific route. This is followed by classroom-based training on best practice in safe and fuel efficient driving techniques. The trainees driving is then reassessed and coached on the same route to record improvements in driving performance and actual fuel consumption.
- The trainee is then assessed on a series of safety check and theory exercises. A final grade is then based on the results from the two practical driving sessions and the exercises.
- If the participant has a gap in one of the elements, our instructor will recommend where extra training would benefit the participant.
- Successful participants receive a certificate of achievement.
One day consisting of both in class theory and practical driving.
Course Venue / Resources
- Courses can be completed at one of our nationwide venues or your premises.
- Access to customers own loaded truck and trailer or tractor and semi combination is preferable. TR vehicles can be provided at extra cost.