Truck Loader Crane - Blended
Why do a Truck Loader Crane Blended course with TR driver Training?
We will provide coaching and assessment to ensure safe and effective operation of a truck loader crane.
Our blended option combines two-unit standards, both the truck loader crane and its prerequisite ‘prepare for and sling regular loads’
Our blended online and classroom course provides flexibility and keeps it simple. Minimise the impact of time away from your business without compromise to the quality of training you receive.
To produce drivers, handlers and operators who are able to:
- Ensure site safety.
- Identify on site hazards and apply controls.
- Understand and deliver lift plans.
- Select lifting equipment and prepare loads for lifting.
- Demonstrate knot tying for tag line.
- Understand TLC equipment and attachments.
- lift, move and place regular loads.
- Secure and prepare a TLC for road transport mode.
- Conduct daily and weekly checks on a TLC
Equipment Requirements - Clients to supply:
- Certified TLC
- Certified lift equipment (slings/ chain slings/ shackles).
- Cones, barriers to secure training area.
- 2 different types of loads.
- Training room adequate for the size of the course.
- TR Driver Training is able to source vehicles at extra cost if required.
Course Structure & Duration
- Online access is provided to complete online theory training before the day of your course
- One day is scheduled to cover theory followed by practical exercises and assessment.
Unit Standard Covered
- Unit 30072 Prepare for and sling regular loads.
- Unit 16617 Use a truck loader crane to lift, and place regular loads
- Minimum of two with up to a maximum of three trainees to one instructor