Truck Loader Crane
Why do a Truck Loader Crane course with TR Driver Training?
Coaching and assessment to ensure safe and effective operation of a truck loader crane.
This course is designed for those wanting the full classroom experience.
No pre-course for trainees, our trainers will go through both theory and practical training all in one day.
To produce operators who can;
- Ensure site safety.
- Understand TLC equipment and attachments.
- lift, move and place regular loads.
- Secure and prepare a TLC for road transport mode.
- Conduct daily and weekly checks on a TLC
Equipment Requirements - Clients to supply:
- Certified TLC.
- Certified lift equipment (slings/ chain slings/ shackles).
- Cones, barriers to secure a safe practical training area.
- 2 different types of loads.
- Training room adequate for the size of the course.
- TR Driver Training is able to source vehicles at extra cost if required.
Course Structure & Duration
- One full day, made up of 3 hrs of theory and up to 5 hrs of practical experience.
- Courses can be structured to meet company-specific needs.
Unit Standard Covered
- Unit 16617 Use a truck loader crane to lift, and place regular loads.
- Minimum of two maximum of six trainees to one instructor.
Truck Loader Crane Pre-Requisite
The pre-requisite for unit standard 16617 is 30072 Prepare for and sling loads. Find out more here.