Truck Loader Crane
Why do a Truck Loader Crane course with TR Driver Training?
A theory and practical based course designed to allow people looking to obtain their Truck Loader Crane qualification.
On successful completion of this course, trainees will meet the requirements of unit standard 16617.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
Train at one of our nationwide venues or at you own site.
To produce operators who can;
- Ensure site safety.
- Understand TLC equipment and attachments.
- lift, move and place regular loads.
- Secure and prepare a TLC for road transport mode.
- Conduct daily and weekly checks on a TLC.
Course Structure & Duration
- Duration 6-8 hours.
- Made up of 3 hrs of theory and up to 5 hrs of practical experience slinging and lifting loads.
- Courses can be structured to meet company specific needs.
Equipment Requirements - Clients to supply:
- Certified TLC.
- Certified lift equipment (slings/ chain slings/ shackles).
- Cones, barriers to secure a safe practical training area.
- 2 different types of loads.
- Training room adequate for the size of the course.
- TR Driver Training is able to source vehicles at extra cost if required.
Unit Standard Covered
- Unit 16617 Use a truck loader crane to lift, and place regular loads.
- Minimum of 2 maximum of 6 trainees to one instructor.
Truck Loader Crane Pre-Requisite
The pre-requisite unit for this course is Unit 30072 Prepare for and sling regular loads.
Pre-course Study Material
To allow enough time for you to complete the study guides before attending the course, please book at least 1 week prior to the course date.