“V” Vehicle Recovery + Licence Endorsement Course
Why do a "V" Licence Endorsement course with TR Driver Training?
This course allows successful participants to gain the “V” license endorsement required to drive a towing service vehicle for hire or reward.
You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors.
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities.
To provide the participant with a New Zealand Transport Agency certificate that will allow them to apply for their “V” Licence endorsement via an appropriate licensing agency (AA, VTNZ or VINZ).
Who needs a “V” Vehicle Recovery Licence Endorsement?
Anyone who drives a towing service vehicle for hire or reward – e.g.: tow trucks
What do I need to have before I can get a “V” Vehicle Recovery licence endorsement?
You must have held a full New Zealand Class 1 (car) licence for at least 2 years.
How do I get a “V” Vehicle Recovery licence endorsement?
- Successfully complete a “V” endorsement course with TR Driver Training - an approved training provider.
- On successful completion of the TR Driver Training’ Approved Course the participant will be issued with a New Zealand Transport Agency certificate.
- To obtain a “V” Licence endorsement this certificate needs to be produced to a licensing agency (e.g. AA, VTNZ or VINZ) and the following requirements have to be met:
- Complete the application form and pay the NZTA Licensing fees.
- Produce a medical certificate (may not be required if one has been submitted/completed in the last 5 years – please check with the licensing agency).
- Undergo an eyesight test.
- Undergo a fit and proper person check.
- Undertake and pass a Full Licence Test in a car (this may not be required if one has been completed in the last 5 years – please check with the licensing agency).
- Provide identification and proof of your address.
Note: You should allow six to eight weeks for your licence endorsement application to be processed.
How long does the “V” Licence Endorsement course take and what is involved?
- Pre-course study (collect your study book/s when you come in to pay for the course).
- Normally two half days of theory in class (sometimes an hour or two more).
What unit standards are covered?
- 17580 – Demonstrate knowledge of driver requirements for Endorsement V (vehicle recovery).
- 24089 – Demonstrate knowledge of Fatigue Management, Work Time and Driver Logbook Requirements. Note if you have 24089 already then please call to discuss what to do.
“V” Vehicle Recovery + Licence Endorsement Pre-requisites
- You must have held a full NZ Class 1 (car) licence for at least 2 years.
- You’ll need to get a medical certificate (unless you have presented one to the NZTA in the last 5 years).
Pre-course Study Material
To allow enough time for you to complete the study guides before attending the course, please book at least 1 week prior to the course date.
- $945 plus GST per person ($1087.00 including GST).
What is included in the course fees?
- Course fees and NZQA credit registration fees.
What is excluded?
- NZTA or licensing agency fees.