Quad Training Programme
Why do a Quad training programme with TR Driver Training and Natural Instincts?
- You will be professionally trained by qualified and experienced instructors
- Train at one of our nationwide facilities or your own venue
*One-Day or Two-Day courses for Quad Training meet the needs of most clients. In addition to these options, TR Driver Training and Natural Instincts can develop courses to meet specific needs.
To ensure that drivers understand and can demonstrate basic knowledge and practical application relating to:
- The characteristics and operations of Quad Bikes
- The operation of a Quad with due regard to the safety of the:
- Driver and passengers
- Terrain and Environment
- Health & Safety Act.
We run both one and two day Quad Bike courses. Our one day course is suited to people with prior off road experience or training. It is also suited to people who currently hold the applicable unit standards and who are looking to complete a refresher course.
NB: Verification of prior experience is required when requesting a One Day Course.
Our two day course is suited to people with no prior experience or for people who require Unit Standards 24561, and 24563.
Maximum numbers for one instructor is six riders - with at least one Quad per three to four people being supplied by the client.
The course includes a mix of theory and practical sessions and includes elements relating to:
- Health and Safety
- Preparing a Quad for use
- Riding on flat ground and low friction surfaces
- Negotiating uneven terrain
- Loading and unloading from a trailer
- Recovery from a stall while climbing
- Stability dynamics
- Side sloping
- Water crossings (depending on the venue)
- Towing trailers and Quad mounted equipment; sprayers etc
- Ground composition and recognition and what driving techniques to employ with them
In addition to these options, we can develop courses to meet specific needs of clients.
Our Quad Bike course includes both theory and practical sessions and can cover the following unit standards
- US 24554 Ride a Quad Bike on flat terrain in the workplace. 4 credits
- US 24557 Demonstrate knowledge of the safe operation of a Quad Bike. 3 credits
- US 24559 Ride a Quad Bike on hilly terrain. 4 credits
- US 24561 Ride a Quad Bike with trailed equipment. 4 credits
- US 24563 Ride a Quad Bike with mounted equipment or a load. 3 credits
Riders should be equipped with basic protective gear:
- Helmets, gloves, sturdy footwear and long trousers (jeans are acceptable) with long sleeved shirts as a minimum for upper body wear.
- Quad Bikes to be supplied by clients
- A class 1 or 6 licence if the Quad Bike is to be ridden on roads. No licence is required for off road only applications.
What is excluded?
- Quad Bikes
- Protective gear